Buyer Beware: NoMoreRack has HORRID customer service

May 29, 2013

If you don’t want to take the time to read what I have below, please learn ONE thing from this long, long post.  DO NOT ORDER FROM NOMORERACK.COM!

I noticed an increase in friends posting on Facebook that they’re ordering from this company so I am sharing my story. I have had this sitting in my drafts for a while, because really I don’t like to bash a company so publically if I can avoid it, but they gave me no choice.  This goes back to November.

With that said, I will tell my story (which is no different than hundreds of other people on the internet).

Let’s go backwards here.  November 28, 2012 I bought 10 ipad cases with money from my work for employees.  Good deal, no? I placed the order, the cases were $15 (clearly not amazing quality, but will do the job) and it was $2 per item for shipping. $17 total, what a deal. Now, before you proceed to tell me that anything too good to be trust, must be, I had good luck ordering from this company. I ordered my husband a Christmas gift, compression socks and a few other things previously to this.  All arrived promptly and to the quality that I would expect.   So even though a few people had problems (I had no idea the mass number of people until later), I had good luck, why not shop there.

So – Order placed, 11/28/12.  December 4, I received an email stating:

Dear Valued Customer,

We wanted to drop you a quick note about your recent order at Nomorerack. First off, thank you for shopping with us. At NMR, our number one objective is deliver a perfect consumer experience. We always strive to go the extra mile for our customers. Our orders typically ship within 3-5 business days. With the holiday shopping we had a tremendous increase in volume and we wanted to let you know that there might be a delay in your order shipping. Our warehouse teams are working around the clock to get your order out as soon as possible. Rest assured, all orders placed by December 10th are guaranteed to be delivered in time for Christmas.

Please note, replies to this e-mail will not reach us and go to an automated system. We’re always happy to help you with any questions or comments you may have. Please contact us directly 24/7 via customercare@nomorerack.com

Regards,
Customer Relations Team
Nomorerack – Everything You Love, For Less.

December 7: I emailed asking if there was any tracking or status update.  I received an email confirmation that my email was received  but that due to the volume of orders and emails, my response might be delayed.

December 10: I replied to their ticket system asking for a response.

December 11: Response (please note that she couldn’t even bother to reply withy correct name)

* Jocelyn, Dec 11 18:33 (COT):

Hello Sara,

Thank you for writing in. Always here to help.

We apologize for the delay in your shipment. Typically our orders ship within 3-5 business days. However, due to the holiday shopping volume our suppliers are backlogged in getting orders out. They are in part backloged from the strike at long beach port which is a major entry port for our shipments. We are working around the clock with them to get your shipments out as soon as possible.

If your order was placed before Dec 10th, we guarantee delivery in time for Christmas. If you do not receive your item by 12/21/12. Please reach back out to us and we will give you a full refund + a credit for the inconvenience. Going the extra mile for our customers is very important to us and we always strive to deliver a superb consumer experience. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

* Jocelyn with Customer Care

December 12: I replied sharing information that the person who runs their Facebook account had told me that my item HAD been shipped, so I was just requesting tracking information.

NMR_Facebook1v

NMR_Facebook2v

December 16:  Same generic email that I had already received 12/4/12.

December 20: I finally received a shipping confirmation. However, the tracking number didn’t work – so I messaged on facebook asking about that. Their response:

NMR_Facebook3v
NMR_facebook4v

I also emailed them 12/23 with the same message. Their response came 12/25 (Christmas day, clearly past their guarantee of receiving it by the 21st, let alone Christmas…)

Ivy G, Dec 25 15:03 (COT):
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for writing in. Always here to help.

Please accept our sincerest apologies in the delay of receiving your ordered item. Please be advised that we have already made contact with the vendors. One of our shipping staff will be in touch with you within 3-5 business days since they will be awaiting advise from our suppliers first. Should we get an immediate response from the vendor, we will contact you right away.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help, and want to ensure you are over satisfied with your shopping experience.

Regards,

Ivy G with Customer Care

Do you notice there’s always a few days before they bother to respond to anything? And in their response, they tell me to continue to be patient and wait a few more days for a more useful response (which never comes).

December 26: This is where I’ve officially lost my patience.  I was told it would be here by the 21st, It’s now AFTER christmas, and it’s not here.  Granted no, these were NOT christmas gifts, but that’s not the point.  They were assured to be here before Christmas.

I come home and what do I see on the porch, 1 package. One lone iPad case.  One out of the 10 I ordered. I was fed up.

So I emailed them, I also sent them a post on facebook.  The woman on facebook said she would “look into it”.  However, because they immediately delete any post on facebook that doesn’t praise them, I couldn’t get a screenshot of it.  So then I go back and ask why they are deleting my post. I would think people would want to see that a company is working hard to make sure a customer is happy.  I asked how they had time to delete my post, but not respond to my inquiry. I gave up on online communication.

I called NMR. They don’t advertise their phone number, but because I paid through paypal, I had it. In case anyone else ever needs it: 800-538-9798.

The first woman I spoke to told me that she’s sorry for my inconvenience, and that she can see on my account that the rest of my order would be arriving Friday (12/28/12) via FedEx.  Awesome, no idea why the cases were being shipped seperately, but whatever.  I asked for a tracking number, she said, “Sure, hold on.” *click* She HUNG UP ON ME!

I called back. I said that the previous woman helping me must have been disconnected, and that she was providing me with a tracking number for my order.  The woman on the phone told me there was nothing in the account that she could see, and that she can escalate my claim to a supervisor.  I said yes, please do that. Can I speak to a supervisor? No – I can have my claim escalated to one and they will contact me….

Then, they banned me from facebook. So, what else could I do while being angry? Post on Twitter…..

nmr_twitter2

NO ONE at this company is on the same page.

So, after all that, I decided I had no other choice but to file a Paypal claim because that’s how I paid, and to file a claim with the NY BBB. I had never filed either of these before to be honest, so I was a little unsure, but thankfully the process is pretty easy.

Filed complaints with both BBB and Paypal.

RESPONSE FROM NOMORERACK to the BBB claim.  WHAT? You mean there is the ability to respond to someone same day?  Who knew… Part of their response:

It is our understanding that your inquiry resulted from not receiving items (9 of the “iPad Leather Case, Screen Cover & Stylus”).  On December 26, 2012, we issued you a total refund to your credit card in the amount of $153.00- $135.00 for the Items as well as the $18.00 charge for shipping and handling- which we trust has fully addressed and satisfied your concerns.

Very Truly Yours,

Kim

Customer Relationship Manager- Special Projects

NoMoreRack.com

I didn’t ask for the full $170 back, even though technically that’s what they promised, because I had one case, I wanted compensated for the others that I didn’t have.

So I waited for that credit in Paypal, and I would accept their resolution. That never happened.

December 30: They emailed me first.

* Dana, Dec 30 10:14 (COT):Hello,Thank you for writing in. Always here to help.I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. In regards to your concern and upon checking your record, We have gone ahead and process a refund back to your account. Unfortunately, the refund has been hold because Paypal temporary hold the charges. May i suggest that you can contact your Paypal or your bank in regards of the issue. Thank you for your understanding.
If there is anything further I can do to assist you please let me know. At Nomorerack, customer satisfaction is our main goal.Regards,* Dana with Customer Care
Nomorerack – 8 Daily Deals!
* Dana, Dec 30 22:58 (COT):Hello,Thank you for writing in. Always here to help.I understand your concern, As we have already on process the refund to place it back to your account, But due to temporary hold of the charged we are unable to process the refund through your account due to this reason. Kindly please wait until this week to rectify this issue.
Nomorerack – 8 Daily Deals!

Eventually – Paypal refunded me and all is well. Paypal was awesome and their customer service was stellar.  Weeks later, a few of the iPad cases came and were delivered.  We’re talking mid-January at this point.  Not all of them were ever delivered, and the company lost my business for good. I had such a positive experience with them until this order.  And it’s not about the items, it’s about the customer service. They lost me with the lies, I could have handled a simple “Sorry we are having issues, please let us offer you a refund.” but they lied and lied and lied the entire time.

So again, friends who I know read this who I see posting about their great deals – PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Check their BBB rating before you spend a dime. I wish I had.

Have you ever had such an awful experience with a company?

Share the love!
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email

Related posts:

{ 43 comments… read them below or add one }

Carrie H May 29, 2013 at 9:51 am

HOLY MOLY!!!!

Dawn Rushing May 29, 2013 at 10:01 am

Oh man, I ordered a portable charger thing from them and they sent me an email a month later saying it was no longer available due to a recall? They said they would credit my account with nomerack bucks and I could buy from their site again. I asked for a refund, they claimed they gave me one, but never did. Horrible site.

Susan May 29, 2013 at 10:08 am

I’m glad I paid through Paypal, that was my only saving grace. What a horrible company!

alicia
Twitter: acurls
May 29, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Wow, that is terrible. I’ve never heard of this company before, but you better believe I won’t be ordering from them and will encourage others not to! I’m so sorry you had such a terrible experience.

Customer service can make or break a deal with a company. I think companies tend to lose that focus, and that’s when things go downhill!

Julie (@ROJRunning) May 29, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I see things for them all the time on FB and think it’s too good to be true. Thanks for posting about your experiences, now I know to stay away.

Jessica B. May 30, 2013 at 7:44 am

I’m stressed out reading this. Can’t believe companies operate like this, although I had a lot of problems with Bed, Bath and Beyond this year. (Basically, if you complain about BBE they will delete your entire Wedding Registry lol)

Susan May 30, 2013 at 8:12 am

I don’t know how companies can survive with bad customer service. I’m quick to praise a company with great service, but when it’s bad? I’d be willing to take out a billboard if I thought it would help ruin their business ;)

Sarah Scott May 31, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Wow that is horrid customer service, thanks for sharing. I have not actually heard of them before, but will definitely avoid them!

Susan May 31, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I’m hoping the more people see this, the more they will share w/ friends and save people the trouble!

elizabeth ong November 23, 2013 at 2:06 am

It’s my first time to order here .but everytime I put my credit card numbers..its says I get wrong credit cards numbers.so I decided to change another visa credit card.its the same saying that ive got put the wrong numbers.so I decided to give up.

Holly Young December 9, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I saw your blog when i was googling about nomorerack problems. I am going through stuff with them as well. They sent me an email saying they could fulfill part of my order which was a sweater no longer available. I had ordered two sweaters and leggings. I get a package today and it has two sweaters exactly the same and no leggings. Why would I want two identical sweaters and where are the four pairs of leggings!! Of course you can get in touch with anyone on their chat feature or their customer service number. Oh well what a joke!!! Your situations sounded terrible. I don’t think I even have the patience. :-)

Susan December 9, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I hope you get your full order. I hate seeing people get screwed over by such a crappy company. I’m still blocked by them, and Im totally OK with that :)

Cheryl December 10, 2013 at 1:51 am

BUYER BEWARE
it’s a long story I won’t bore you with
JUST DON’T LEARN THE HARD WAY LIKE I DID.

PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND AVOID THE STRESS IT’S NOT WORTH IT. ( hell you Probally will never see your order anyway)

Meegan December 10, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I learned the hard way…I placed 2 orders on thanksgiving morning…I have received one package which is the 2nd order I placed…I’m receiving the generic email responses about my other order. I’m almost to a point of doing a stop payment due to no receiving my order..lesson learned

Susan December 11, 2013 at 8:06 am

I’m sorry you’ve had the same run around. I hope they come through for you. Good luck

Time for Fashion December 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I bought 4 watches in one order from this company, 2 weeks later I received a small package with only one watch but the packing slip shows 4. I tried to call their customer service but the automated message tells you to send an email due to volume, tried calling again yesterday and received same message, tried to chat online but the window disapears when you type a message and click send, I sent them an email today and received a response that my item will ship in 2 to 5 days. NEVER EVER will I buy from them, avoid

Caite December 14, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Hi I ordered 2 tablets off of there almost 2 weeks ago I keep checking the status of the shipping but it still says its Processing. Do you know how long it takes to process since you’ve ordered off there before?

Susan December 15, 2013 at 7:53 am

When the item I ordered was successful (before this story in this post) – it processed in under 72 hours. The other order sat for weeks processing, and as you can see in this post, never happened.

Caite December 16, 2013 at 2:53 am

Wow and I talked to one of the admins on there Facebook page and after bugging them about it a few hours later my package was finally shipped. Im hearing a lot of bad stuff about this website and its shipping. I just hope they don’t break or lose my packages im not shure if they are terrible with shipping or whatever or if its taking forever cause its the holiday. But reading all this I wont order off of there again.

amber December 17, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I am so totally screwed! I ordered from there for my kids for christmas dec 2 i have a order number but it’s dec 17th n still no tracking number or my stuff :( we don’t have allot of money n i just wanted my kids to have a good Christmas :( n i ordered threw a green dot pre paid credit card so i dont know what to do :(

Susan December 17, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I encourage you to file with the BBB. It might help. I used Paypal so that’s where my refund came from, but at least there’s a record if you go through BBB. You can file a dispute for the claim on Green Dot either online or call – (866) 795-7597 – it’s worth trying.

Ryan December 18, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I placed and order Dec. 5th using my CC and they charged me that same day! “I should have read the comments/reviews first” After patiently waiting 7 days for a tracking number I finally emailed them and got the same quick, reassuring response back as you, but still NO tracking number! It was a tablet for my kids for Christmas but I fear I won’t get it:(

Susan December 18, 2013 at 1:12 pm

File a complaint with your CC! Dispute the charge!!! Not that it helps get the tablet but at least you aren’t out the $$

marla cino December 18, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I orderd items, received and they were the wrong size. sent them back @ my expense. Still waiting for a refund!!!!

Susan December 18, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Good luck!I hope they come through for you!

Time for Fashion December 18, 2013 at 5:25 pm

At least we know now that we can refer our enemies to NoMoreRack
Should be called VendorOnCrack

Kia December 19, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I’m trying to contact them now because I ordered a product two weeks ago to come to Baton Rouge and they shipped it to Pennslyvania! I’m super pissed and they aren’t taking phone calls!

Aneesha December 20, 2013 at 11:39 pm

I am experiencing issues with NMR too. I ordered 3 tablets, different colors on Dec 2nd. I received 2 of them on the 19th. I cant contact them and they have yet to respond to my email. To top it off, there was no packing receipt in the box and the only tracking number that i have says delivered. I am so upset!

MYRLAN January 3, 2014 at 10:52 am

I ordered a tablet too…they took the money, then said it had been canceled because it had not been paid fasts enough (10 minutes too long)??? Ridiculous…!!! I did FINALLY receive the tablet…without the keyboard that I ordered but it was faulty!! I sent them a message telling them I was sending the tablet without the never received keyboard of course, then they replied that the keyboard was a closeout..and not refundable…What a bunch of crapola…!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will NOT let them do this to me…or US…I will file complaints with whomever I can…and we all should do it until we are satisfied with nomorerack…!!!!

Porscha December 26, 2013 at 2:11 am

I wish I would have seen this before I ordered. I ordered $223 in Christmas presents I recieved about half my items. One item came without a receipt and wasn’t something I ordered. When I emailed them to explain the issue, because they aren’t taking calls, they gave me a tracking number and told me my order already arrived. When I told them it must have been a mixup in the packing they advised me to send in the item I never received to get a full refund. I feel so helpless as I’ve already paid and without the correct paper work I feel this is becoming more and more frustrating. Please help!

Susan December 26, 2013 at 11:12 am

File a complaint with your cc or bank, see if you can dispute the charges.

Dori December 28, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I am having the same trouble with them.

Laurie Nazzaro December 30, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Thanks so much for your detailed story of Nomorerack. I wish I had read this BEFORE i purchased a pair of boots and a pair of earrings. I purchased these items 12/14 and received no e-mail confirmation. But of course my credit card was charged. SO far, believe it or not, I have no luck getting any customer service to find my items!! I wish I never purchased anything from this company. I should be thankful that my purchase was only $28. But it’s the principal of the whole thing.. Thanks!

Susan December 31, 2013 at 10:03 am

I had ordered with them successfully first too. Like two orders, it’s weird how they go from functional to scam so quickly.

Meloni December 31, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I am dealing with this rite now I paid for several items in December 2013 and I have yet to receive it. They claim they have 24 hour customer service and its a LIE. It takes days for anyone to respond to you and it seems as if they copy and paste the same damn email. They ship items one by one which is ridiculous. I had plans on shopping with them more but after this experience I would deal with them if everything was a penny. DONT SHOP WITH THIS COMPANY

lina January 4, 2014 at 5:27 am

Listen to advise Do Not Purchase from here. They mailed me whatever they had in stock and not what I requested.Had audacity to make what they felt like to replace item and attach a stupid note stating they no longer had my item. Hello, then do mot assume I want something else! couldn’send back because I was still waiting on last item and was told.. had to wait for complete order DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? I never received last item. YOU’ve been WARNED

Chris January 11, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Well, I guess I’ll be deleting my NMR account, which I haven’t used yet. :-P

Thanks, Susan. I’ve had similar dealings with a different company before. I ordered something, was assured it would ship ‘same day’, and it arrived to me (eventually) 2 months after my purchase. In that wait, I discovered the company was fraudulently claiming to be located in the continental US, as well as having a long list of BBB and other complaints about fraud, harassment (both via their ‘stellar customer service staff’), and failure to ship up to half of what people order. It had also been suggested that this company was a front for Russian mafia (the actual company was located in Russia).

Needless to say, I think I’ll check new companies out before trusting them online. :-)

Susan January 11, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I feel like NMR is extra sneaky, because my first two orders came delivered promptly and exactly as described. So they lure you in while you “test” them out, and then when you spend significant money with them, they screw you over.

Chris January 11, 2014 at 4:05 pm

If that’s the case, I expect a class action suit sooner or later. Interesting, huh? Years ago, businesses like this the owner or manager got arrested for running a scam. Not so much these days.

Maria February 16, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Yours came promptly and as described? My first order was 6-pairs of fleece-lined leggings. Half were one brand and fit and the other half were a different brand and fit huge. It took 3 weeks from order confirmation to receive them, and even longer to get my money back.

Tom Chandler January 11, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Great documentation of a super frustrating experience.. My experience a year ago over a pair of poor quality boots was nearly identical, along with the shipping notice without tracking, and then another notice with an untrackable USPS tracking number.. and PayPal was great to me with a quick refund.. I have spent many hours of my time educating others about this horrid nomorerack and will continue until they are gone or change the way they do business.

Maria February 16, 2014 at 4:40 pm

I feel your pain. Yours is definitely worse than mine, but here goes:

I bought a $60 jacket from them. It, of course, arrived after 2 weeks of waiting, but didn’t fit so I asked for an RMA and returned it to the location they provided.

It arrived Jan 21st. On Jan 28th they e-mailed me reminding me to send them my item and if I have to provide shipping so they could process the return. Naturally, I was pissed (this had happened with the last item I returned), and gave them the tracking number.

No refund. I e-mailed, posted on the forum, and sent a facebook message all telling them I’d harass them until I got my money back. I was given the same canned “We’re sorry” response and told to wait 10 business days and if I hadn’t received anything to contact them.

So I waited 12 business days. Nothing. I messaged them again and they apologized the same way and said they’d escalate it and I’d have an update in 3-5 days. Well, those days came and went with no update, so today my husband and I spent 2 HOURS on their live chat.

The CS representative told us that until they got confirmation from the vendor, they couldn’t issue the return. We argued that tracking proves it got there. They gave us the same response 5 more times before we finally insisted over and over to speak to a supervisor.

She comes on and explains that they reminded me on the 28th and after 30 days the RMA was cancelled. We told them I sent an e-mail back and so the RMA shouldn’t have been cancelled. She says the warehouse needs to send confirmation before the returns department can issue a return. We state that’s unacceptable and to issue the return or we were going to our credit card company to dispute it.

She says (and this is a quote from the chat that we copied and saved for further proof), “I understand and we respect your decision.”

So, I called my credit card company and gave them the tracking number and stated I had saved every single electronic conversation for further proof. They will be issuing a temporary credit but assure me my proof is enough.

NoMoreRack has great deals, but NEVER again will I shop with them. They are crooks.

Maria February 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm

The most infuriating part is being given the same useless responses. These were the ones we got before finally insisting on speaking with a manager:

“Again, our sincerest apology. We have already asked our vendor about that. Kindly allow us for a couple of days to update you regarding this matter. Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience.”

“Again, our sincerest apology. Rest assured we are working around the clock to have this problem resolved right away. Once we receive an update, we will be sure to inform you right away.”

“Again, our sincerest apology, But unfortunately, we have to be sure that item was returned for us to issue in store credits, or refund back the money to its original form of payment. We do ask for your kind patience to wait for a couple of days to give you an update.”

“I do apologize, since that we don’t have an update regarding the returned item, we cannot issue in store credits, or refund the money to its original form of payment. Rest assured that it was already escalated to our fulfillment team, and to the supplier as well. Rest assured we are working around the clock to have this problem resolved right away. Once we receive an update, we will be sure to inform you right away.”

I assure you that I am giving you the responses to everything we came back with. I’d give you more, but you’d want to punch your screen like I do.

Previous post: