Finally, my much anticipated birthday is here. I’ve been looking forward to 30 for a little while now. I don’t know why people make it seem like 30 is a death sentence. My 20s were filled with lots of good and bad. It started out with a bang and ended in a flop.
The good (and a handful of firsts!):
- Get married to my best friend
- Graduate college
- Get a teaching job. Having some fabulous students who have changed my life forever.
- Move to Akron
- Exploring the MetroParks (this totally deserves it’s own bullet, I am NOT an outdoor person)
- Buy a house
- Make great friends
- Take some fantastic vacations
- Buy a new car (or two, actually)
- Get my Master’s degree
- Run a 5k
- Attending my sister’s wedding (finally!)
- My gallbladder removed (first surgery ever, which I think started me on a horrible path)
- Three miscarriages and 2 d&cs (surgery #2 and 3)
- Surgery #4 & 5 both GYN related
- Surgery #6 – my toe
- Reconsidering my career choice
- DEBT (thanks tuition)
So there we have it. My 20′s in a short summary. Looking back, there were plenty more goods than bads, but it just seems like, as most things, I tend to only remember the really crappy parts.
So here’s to 30. Here’s to taking our family in a new direction. Exploring new parks, vacation spots, and getaways. Making new friends, spending more time with old friends and visiting family often. Living a healthy lifestyle and keeping clear of hospitals.
I’m ready for you 30, I hope you’re ready for me!