If you remember correctly, a few weeks back I posted a video reviewing my recent Influenster voxbox. I got some great goodies out if it, but wanted to take a minute to tell you about what was my favorite.
This could not have been better timed. It’s nearing summer and my legs need to be smooth at all times. I typically hate shaving. It’s not just the slathering of shaving cream, and counting my nicks when I’m all done. It’s really because I have a small stall shower and to have to lather on shaving cream, while attempting to avoid the water and shower curtain (which I swear has a magnetic attraction to shaving cream!) This product pretty much solves all of those issues.
The Venus & Olay razor is about $8.99 – $10.99 at your local store. I was able to get some extra cartridges this weekend at Target, and score a $5 gift card with the purchase of two. Now I will say, I was previously using a Gillette Venus razor prior to getting to try this. So I already had a lot of love for Venus. I’m still holding onto my original blue handled razor 😉
Their website describes the razor:
Designed with a love for smooth legs and a passion for skin care, the Venus & Olay razor is a match made in skin heaven. Olay Moisture Bars release skin conditioners to help lock in moisture and boost your shave* while 5 blades get Venus close.
What I liked:
- Convenience. The fact that it lathers and removes the need for shaving cream. Seriously this is fantastic. Especially when traveling. I won’t have to worry about bringing shaving cream with me. There’s also a shower hook, making it easy to store and keep it out of the way.
- Moisturizing. My legs didn’t feel dry and cracked after shaving the first few times during the winter. They always do, until trying this!
- Long-lasting. I shave my legs typically every other day. I am still using the same cartridge that I started with. I will need to swap it out this weekend.
- Smooth. I didn’t have to drag and push the razor hard (cutting up my legs) to get a close shave. I really haven’t had a single cut since using it! *knock on wood!*
- Size. It’s large. Because of the double strips on each side of the blades, it’s larger than most razors. It’s a little awkward at first.
- Cost. I realize it’s not that expensive, especially in comparison to lots of other razors. And not needing to use shaving cream will help balance it out. But it’s still expensive, and I had shelling out money for things like this. I will keep watching for deals..
All in all – I love it. And I really think if you have the opportunity to try it out, you’ll want to pick it up!